- Di is the founder and Chair of the Boards of ZZ Capital and ZZ Capital International.
- Through the use of innovative business models and creative transaction structures, Di has successfully led over RMB30bn of investments, including a number of high profile transactions such as ZhongNan Red Culture Group, Sky Dragon Group and Beijing Sanju.
- She holds a Master of Finance and Marketing degree from the University of Sydney.
Partner and Chairman
Jianfeng Peter Chen
- Peter is the Chief Financial officer of ZZ Capital international.
- Peter formerly led private equity principal investments and business development at the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) in Asia.
- Previously he was Principal and a founding member of Bain Capital’s private equity team in China, after being founder and General Manager at GE Capital Corporate Financial Services in Taiwan.
- Peter is currently a Director at the Hong Kong Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (HKVCA), and an officer at the Young Presidents Organization (YPO)’s Pan-Asia Chapter.
- He is fluent in English, Chinese, Japanese, and Italian; with a BSBA degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and an MBA degree from Harvard University.
Jianfeng Peter Chen
Partner and CFO
- Sergio joined ZZ Capital International as the head of its European operations.
- Before joining ZZ Capital International, Sergio spent over 10 years at KKR as a senior member of their European Private Equity Team, where he ultimately co-led their European Healthcare Private Equity effort.
- Prior to KKR, Sergio was a member of the Private Equity investment team at BC Partners in Milan, Italy.
- Sergio also spent four years in the Investment Banking division at Schroder Salomon Smith Barney (Citigroup) in London.
- He holds an MSc in Finance, Summa cum Laude, from Bocconi University in Milan.
Partner and Head of Europe
- Andrew joined ZZ Capital International as the head of its North American operations.
- Before joining ZZ Capital International, Andrew was a partner at Metalmark Capital, joining the firm at its inception in 2004.
- Prior to the formation of Metalmark, Andrew was an executive at Morgan Stanley Capital Partners.
- Earlier in his career, Andrew was an Analyst in The Blackstone Group’s Private Equity group and in Salomon Smith Barney’s Mergers and Acquisitions group.
- He graduated with a BS in Economics, cum laude, and an MBA with honors from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Partner and Head of North America
- Sung-Min is a Managing Director and Head of Technology, Media & Telecom at ZZ Capital International based in Hong Kong.
- Before joining ZZ Capital, Sung-Min spent approximately 10 years in Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s investment banking division in the Technology, Media & Telecom group in Palo Alto, New York and Hong Kong.
- Prior to Merrill Lynch, Sung-Min worked as an analyst at JP Morgan in New York and at Robertson Stephens in San Francisco.
- Sung-Min received a BA in Economics and Political Science from Yale University and an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Managing Director and Head of TMT
Jung Won Suh
- Jung is a Managing Director at ZZ Capital International based in Hong Kong and also sits on the board of a number of companies within the Group.
- Before joining ZZ Capital, Jung spent approximately 10 years in Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s investment banking division, initially in its Global Consumer and Retail team and later in its Mergers and Acquisitions team in both New York and Hong Kong.
- Prior to embarking on his banking and finance career, Jung was a secondary school teacher for eight years in the U.S. and Hong Kong.
- Jung received a BA in Economics and Mathematical Methods in the Social Sciences from Northwestern University. He also received an MBA from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University where he graduated with honors.
Jung Won Suh
- Xiang is an Executive Director at ZZ Capital International based in Hong Kong.
- Before joining ZZ Capital, he was Executive Director at Sailing Capital, a China outbound private equity fund based in Hong Kong. Prior to that, he was with Qatar Investment Authority based in Doha.
- Prior to his return to Asia, Xiang spent most of his career in London, initially in Credit Suisse’s M&A team and then working for HgCapital, a London-based mid-market private equity fund, where he focused on the financial services and business services sectors.
- Xiang holds a BA in Economics from Peking University and an MSc in Management from HEC Paris.
David J. Badham
- David joined ZZ Capital International in 2017 as a Director in the New York office. Before joining ZZCI, David was a Vice President at Fremont Private Holdings, the direct private investment arm of one of the largest single-family offices in North America. At Fremont, David focused on sourcing, evaluating and executing direct private investments in a variety of industries.
- Prior to joining Fremont, David was with Metalmark Capital (formerly Morgan Stanley Capital Partners) where he executed private equity transactions in the industrials, healthcare, energy and business services sectors. Earlier in his career, David worked in the investment banking division at Morgan Stanley.
- David holds a BA in Economics and History from Duke University.
David J. Badham
- Leo joined ZZ Capital International (“ZZCI") in 2017 as an associate in the London team.
- Before joining ZZCl, Leo was an Associate at Credit Suisse in London in the Investment Banking Division, with a focus on Industrial and Infrastructure.
- Leo holds an MSc in Finance from EDHEC Business School in France.
- Nico joined ZZ Capital International (“ZZCI”) in 2017 as an associate in the London team.
- Before joining ZZCI, Nico was an Investment Banking analyst at Citigroup in London with a focus on Healthcare. While at Citigroup, Nico was involved in various transactions including acquisitions, IPOs and financings.
- Nico holds an MSc in Management/Finance, summa cum laude, from EM Lyon Business School (France), a Master’s degree in Business Administration from LMU Munich (Germany) and an MSc in International Business from Aston Business School (UK).
- Alessia is an Associate at ZZ Capital International based in London.
- Before joining ZZ Capital International, Alessia was an Analyst at Morgan Stanley in London in the Investment Banking Division, with a focus on Financial Institutions, Consumer and Retail.
- Alessia holds an MSc Finance, summa cum laude, from Bocconi University in Milan.
- JJ joined ZZ Capital International as an associate in the New York team. Before joining ZZCI, JJ was an associate at Quadrangle Group, a TMT-focused private equity fund. While at Quadrangle, JJ was involved in the evaluation and execution of various transactions including restructuring, dividend recapitalization and bolt-on acquisitions. She was also a former equity analyst at Lavien Group, a New York-based long-only hedge fund, where she covered public companies across a variety of industries.
- She started her career as an investment banking analyst in Citigroup’s Financial Institutions Group.
- JJ graduated with a BA in Mathematics and Economics, magna cum laude, from Macalester College, where she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
- Juanna is the Company Secretary of ZZ Capital International.
- Juanna has over 10 years of experience as named company secretary of GEM Board and Main Board companies listed on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- She has an MBA from the University of Leicester.
- She is a fellow member of the Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries as well as the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators.
Head of Corporate Services
- William is Legal Counsel of ZZ Capital International.
- William has worked for nearly 12 years as a lawyer in New York and Hong Kong, specializing in mergers & acquisitions and private equity fund formation.
- He holds a Juris Doctor from Northwestern University, where he graduated cum laude and Order of the Coif.
- He also has a BA in Economics from University of Chicago, where he graduated cum laude.
Head of Legal
- Joyce has over 20 years of experience in the compliance field and has worked with various global financial institutions, including BNP Paribas, Citibank and Cantor Fitzgerald.
- Before joining ZZ Capital International, she was the Head of Compliance at Reorient Group, a Main Board listed company on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- She holds a Master of Business Law from Monash University in Australia, is a Certified Practicing Accountant of CPA Australia and a Professional Member of the International Compliance Association.
Head of Compliance
- Sarah is a Financial Controller at ZZ Capital International based in New York.
- Before joining ZZ Capital International, Sarah was the Senior Accountant and Controller at Kinderhook Industries, LLC. Earlier in her career, Sarah worked at Deloitte Tax LLP.
- Sarah graduated with a BS in Business from the Wake Forest University School of Business.
- Saba is a Financial Controller and Transaction Services Specialist at ZZ Capital International and is based in London.
- Before joining ZZ Capital International, Saba was an Audit Manager within Investment Management and Private Equity at Deloitte LLP.
- Saba is a qualified accountant (CA) and holds a First Class BA Honours degree in Accounting from the University of Strathclyde (Scotland).
Financial Controller and Transaction Services Specialist